Squash & Kale Salad with Pesto Dressing (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Garden medley salad inspired by Solea! What does Rosa do when it’s way too hot to eat Solea’s favorite soup—black bean, hominy, and winter squash? She reinvents it as a summer salad. Squashes, kale, and basil from her garden made this delicious, hearty, savory meal. “It was a hit!” she said.
Squash Medley of Choice:
- Rosa used zucchini, yellow summer squash, and a mystery squash that she reported: “turned out delicious!”
- Cut them into small cubes and add a can of hominy.
- Drizzled olive oil and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Roast at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Set to cool.
- 4 cups Basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves of roast garlic or 1 clove of garlic
Blend it all!
Coat the chopped kale with the pesto, mix in the squash, and add a can of black beans. Refrigerated for 2 hours and serve.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!